Thursday, February 16, 2012

FLDs, RLDs soldered


After a training day in the "big city" yesterday and a conference call for work after that, I drove to my parents' house and, over the next three hours, soldered the LEDs for the Rear Logic Display.

The lights light.

The pattern doesn't seem to be quite what it should be, but it seems to be a result of wiring or possibly the program. I'd guess it's the wiring, since I used only some loose jumper cables and because the program is just a random test that many people using this display have used apparently without incident. All of the LEDs appear to be lighting, so I'm not concerned that I'll have to make a new board. The FLDs are fine.

If I have time this weekend, I'll work on the dome. It needs patching and sanding, and it needs a couple of holes drilled for HPs and PSIs.

August seems close. My father and I will be on our Civil War trip in the spring, and with Wisconsin weather these next six months aren't going to translate into many available working days in the unheated workshop.

But we'll get it done.

No comments: